A permit is required for all fireworks displays, use of pyrotechnics before a proximate audience and pyrotechnic special effects in motion picture, television, theatrical and group entertainment productions. The indoor use of fireworks and
pyrotechnic special effects are prohibited.
- The firework company/provider is responsible for obtaining the permit and scheduling the inspection.
- A plan establishing procedures to follow and actions to be taken in the event that a shell fails to ignite in, or discharge from, a mortar or fails to function over the fallout area or other malfunctions shall be included with the permit application.
- Outdoor fireworks displays shall include a diagram of the location at which the fireworks display will be conducted, including the site from which fireworks will be discharged; the location of buildings, highways, overhead obstructions and utilities; and the lines behind which the audience will be restrained shall be included with the permit application
- Pyrotechnics before a proximate audience shall include plans indicating the required clearances for spectators and combustibles, crowd control measures, smoke control measures and requirements for standby personnel and equipment shall be included with the permit application.
- Approved fireworks and pyrotechnic articles shall be handled by an approved, competent operator. A copy of an approved certificate of fitness shall be included with the permit application.
*A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE OF ONE MILLION DOLLARS ($1,000,000) GENERAL LIABILITY PLUS FIVE MILLION DOLLARS ($5,000,000.00) IN EXCESS LIABILITY NAMING THE TOWN OF CAVE CREEK AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED MUST ACCOMPANY THIS APPLICATION.
**Evidence that a Fire Department has been contracted with, or has agreed, to provide ONSITE equipment & personnel in the event of a fire or emergency during the shoot. The Fire Inspector may immediately discontinue the firework or pyrotechnic display if a
hazardous condition exists.
Display Fireworks Permit Application (PDF)